Terms & Conditions - Conditions of Sale
TERMS & CONDITIONS
This Website is Owned and operated by Arrow Security Shutters Ltd ("Us","Our","we"and "The Company")
Use of this website constitutes your acceptance of these conditions of sale which take effect from the first time you visit this website and thereafter. If you do not accept these conditions of sale, you must not use this website.
Arrow Security Shutters Limited reserves the right to change this website and any of its content (contained in this website) at any time and without any prior notice. It is your responsibility to ensure that you refer to these conditions of sale regularly and you comply with them. Every effort is taken to ensure that the content of this website is up to date and accurate. This website is protected by copyright including all designs, text, graphics, content, program code and must not be copied in any shape or form. This website may provide links to other websites which may be of interest to you. We do not accept any liability in relation to you using these websites.
Importand Notes on Colour, website Content and general conditions
This website or any literature does not allow exact reproduction of the paint colours. If you are unsure of your colour choice please ask us for a sample. Colour references quoted are the nearest standard RAL or BS references to the colour used. They will not be an exact match and are intended as a guide only. Due to the manufacturing process the guides, box, bottom rail or any other surround may not be an exact match to the curtain or panel, nor will they be an exact match to any existing paint finishes on your property. All images, drawings will not be an exact match to product item on your order. It is your responsibility to ensure that the structure is adequately strong enough to take the weight of the product item being installed. High usage doors or shutters must be notified to us at point of sale. As all our products are made to measure you waive the right to cancel or return.
All trademarks, brand names or logos contained on this website are our property. No authority is given by us for use of any third party trademarks, brand names or logos of their respective owners.
THE GOODS SUPPLIED SHALL REMAIN THE PROPERTY OF THE COMPANY; AND THE COMPANY MAINTAINS RETENTION OF TITLE UNTIL GOODS ARE PAID FOR, IN FULL
- Shipping & Delivery
- Claims for Damages
- Returns & Replacements
- Installation & Planning Permission
- Safety First
- CE Marking
- Quotations & Payment Terms
- Made To Measure Products
- Shipping & Delivery
- The Company will make every effort to deliver its products and services within the time scale stated. However no responsibility will be accepted by The Company whatsoever for failed or delayed delivery times/dates. Our Standard delivery service covers mainland UK. Availabilty/Delivery of our products are based on working days: Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays. You must supply us with a contact name and a contact telephone number of the person who will assist the driver to unload. For large deliveries, please ensure you have several people to assist, this will minimise any delays for subsequent customers. Before the goods arrive, please prepare a location to unload and store the items safely and securely. The Company accepts no liability for accidental loss, damage or theft once the products are on the Clients/customers premises. The Company shall have no liability to the client/customer for any loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation arising from any products or instructions supplied which are incomplete, incorrect, inaccurate, illegible, out of sequence or in the wrong form, or arising from their late arrival or non-arrival. Over recent years we have refined our use of packaging to reduce the likelihood of goods being damaged in transit. Shutter boxes are packed individually using bubble wrap and / or cardboard. Curtains / guide rails are packed individually using bubble wrap and / or cardboard. Aluminium packers are typically packaged with guide rails on the same order. Where overnight carriers are used, Curtains and guide rails are also wrapped in bubble wrap and cardboard. With the exception of spring operation, shutters are supplied with an accessory box containing, switches, swivel belts, crank handles, keys and installation documentation as appropriate. Cardboard boxes are secured using nylon banding for ease of opening. These must not be used as a handle for lifting. Water resistant film can be added to cardboard packages at additional cost. Retractable security gate sashes and tracks are packaged separately in several layers of bubble wrap. A deliver charge applies to all items/products.
- Claims for Damages
- The Company or any sub-contractors The Company deploys shall be under no liability whatsoever for any loss; damage; injury: or expense arising in connection with its products supplied or installed or the Client/customer use of its products. Please check the contents of your order against the delivery note on the day received. Care should be taken when using sharp objects to cut through the packaging. Claims for missing or damaged items will only be processed if the driver's delivery note has been signed for as damaged or missing and must be reported within 2 days of delivery. IF YOU SUSPECT DAMAGE please fully inspect the product prior to signing. If the product is damaged, clearly state "DAMAGED" when signing the consignment note. Signing as "Unchecked" is insufficient.
- Returns & Replacements
- Occasionally it may be necessary to return an item to us. Please contact our after sales team on 01204 695 736 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide us with the ARR order number and ensure that the product is packed appropriately and clearly labelled with the ARR number. If the goods are being returned by post, please send this for the attention of the Quality Department with the ARR order number. Should you require the goods to be collected by Arrow Security Shutters, please contact us to arrange this? Collections will be made within 10 working days of notification in most cases. Before requesting any replacement parts, please ensure that a photography is emailed to email@example.com. Your parts will then be despatched by the most effect method of transport. If you have any queries, please contact us.
- All Shutters, doors and gates are subject to a 12 month warranty against defects for materials and workmanship from the date of purchase. This is subject to the provision of a suitable maintenance procedure being implemented by the Customers / occupiers / employers as outlined in the Workplace Regulations 1992 and The Provision and USE of Work Equipment Regulations 1996 (PUWER). This warranty can be extended up to 5 years (ArrowCare) subject to a service contract being in place with ourselves. Where a warranty is upheld, Arrow Security Shutters Limited will supply all necessary parts to enable installers to complete a satisfactory repair within normal working hours, viz.: 08:30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday (Excluding Bank Holiday's). The Company shall be under no liability in respect of any defect in the goods arising from any information, drawing, design or specification supplied by the Client/Customer. The Company shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure of the Client to follow The Supplier's instructions (whether oral or in writing), misuse or alteration or repair by the Client/customer of the goods without The Companies approval. The Company shall be under no liability under this warranty (or any other warranty, condition or guarantee) if the total price for the goods / or the provision of the specified service has not been paid by the due date for payment. This warranty does not extend to parts, materials or equipment not manufactured by The Company, in respect of which the Client/customer shall only be entitled to the benefit of any such warranty or guarantee as is given by the manufacturer to The Company. The warranty terms do not extend to cover labour and consequential loss arising from any claim. These Conditions must be read in conjunction with the ArrowCare Terms & Conditions. Repairs, Service, maintenance and ArrowCare: Additional charges apply for any parts or materials used and the fitting of these parts. All call out charges are based on normal working days and hours 9am until 5pm Monday to Friday. Unless otherwise stated. The on-site hourly working charge rate starts from the engineer's arrival on-site time. We normally repair your shutter or door within one hour on-site, however if we cannot you will be charged subsequent hours at the relevant hourly rate stated. Part hours are charged at full hourly rate. Please note you will be charged for the call out and all the hourly rates if our engineers cannot carry out the works for whatever reason whatsoever, the shutter / door is beyond economical repair or further works are required. If for any reason we are unable to attend we will endeavour to inform you immediately. You will need to provide us with credit/debit card details prior to us deploying an engineer; All prices quoted are plus vat.
- Installation & Planning Permission
- Access to the client/customer's premises will be made available to The Company's representatives whilst installation/supply is carried out. If The Company's representatives are prevented from completing the installation for whatever reason whatsoever, then The Company reserves the right to apply any additional losses The Company Incurs due to its representatives being unable to carry out its works. Every care is taken in the supply and installation of its products to and at the clients/customers premises. Prices quoted are for Mainland UK areas only. The Company cannot accept responsibility for any claim arising from damage thereby caused to Client/customer's property; buildings; fittings; furniture; decorations; etc., The Client/Customer in all cases shall seek planning permission prior to any of its products installed/supplied or sold on this website and The Company accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any client/customer not obtaining the planning permission. It is the client/customer's responsibility to ensure information given to the Company is entered correctly on the quote forms this to include sizes and other items selected on these forms. It is the client/customer's responsibility to provide the relevant lifting equipment for the installation of its products to be carried out and that this equipment is available prior to the installation.
- Safety First
- To comply with current health and safety legislation, the operator of an electrically operated shutter(s) must monitor the progress of the shutter(s) throughout operation. If this is not possible a safety device must be fitted to stop an obstructed shutter during operation. Alternatively, an audible and visual warning must precede the operation of the shutter(s) on each elevation of the building where a shutter is installed. Due to risks associated with unattended open roller grilles or unglazed Punched slat shutters we do not recommend the use of remote control systems even when fitted with duel photo cells. Under these circumstances a hold-to-run switch should be used in full sight of the product.
- CE Marking
- CE Marking on a product is a manufactures and installers declaration that the product complies with the essential requirements of the relevant European health, safety and environmental protection legislations. Product Directives contain the "essential requirements" and/or "performance levels" and "Harmonised Standards" are the technical specifications (European Standards or Harmonisation Documents) which are established by several European standards agencies (CEN Cenelec, etc). CEN stands for European Committee for Standardisation. CENELEC stands for European Committee for Electro technical Standardisation. CE Marking on a product indicates to governmental officials that the product may be legally placed on the market in their country. CE Marking on a product ensures the free movement of the product within the EU single market.
Quotations & Payment Terms
- All Prices quoted are based on areas local to our engineers. All Quotations are open to acceptance for thirty days subject to our Standard Conditions of Sale. All Quotations are based on normal working hours, viz.: 08:30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays. All Quotations / Prices are for Mainland UK areas only. All prices are exclusive of VAT, subject to agreement of site details and a satisfactory credit rating. that Any outstanding payments must be paid on the agreed payment date, if payment is not made on the due date, The Company shall be entitled, without limiting any other rights it may have, to charge at the rate of 4% above the base rate from time to time from the due date until the outstanding amount is paid in full. The delivery (supply only) and the passing of risk in any goods supplied by The Company, or the breach by the Client/customer of any other provision of these conditions, the property in any such goods shall not pass to the client/customer until The company has received in cash or cleared funds payment in full of the price of the goods and all other goods agreed to be supplied by The Company to the Client/customer for which payment is then due. The Company's policy is to enforce our right to add interest and collection costs for late payment of commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as amended and supplemented by late payment of commercial Debts Regulations 2002. Until such time as the property in any goods supplied by The Company passes to the client/customer The Company shall be entitled at any time to require the Client/customer to deliver up the goods to The Company and, if the Client fails to do so forthwith, to enter upon any premises of the client/customer or any third party where the Goods are located and repossess the goods. The Client/customer shall not be entitled to pledge or in any way charge by way of security for any indebtedness of any of the goods which remain the property of The Company, but if the client/customer does so all moneys owing by the client/customer to The Company shall (without prejudice to any other right or remedy of The Company) forthwith become due and payable. Incorrect pricing on this website is no guarantee that the product or item will be sold at that price.
Made to Measure Products
- Terms and Conditions: The client/customer understands these products will be supplied to the information the client/customer has provided and the client/customer accepts responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided. Please do not arrange for any contractors or 'workmen' to be present, remove old structures and make holes in any walls until you have received and checked your goods. The Company cannot be held responsible for any cost that may be incurred due to a delivery that is delayed for reasons beyond our control: delivery must be accepted and signed for on receipt. Note: made-To-Measure products cannot be returned unless defective.