Terms and Conditions – Emergency repair / call out.
1. We provide an emergency repair call out service throughout mainland UK only, and we will carry out all work during our normal working hours (8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday), unless we say otherwise.
2. Call out times are estimated only and are not guaranteed. In some instance we may not be late due to adverse weather conditions or vehicle breakdown.
3. If we have not got an engineer available in your area, we will refund your call out payment.
4. The call out rates are for the call-out handling only. in some instances, an additional charge may apply for travel and is based on areas local to our engineers. 5.Time on site is charged at standard hourly rate [and between the hours 8:30am-5pm] and will be charged from the time of arrival on site and thereafter. Excludes Holidays, Bank Holidays, Saturday and Sunday. All out of normal working hours is chargeable.
6. Payment is by credit/debit card for the call out and must be paid prior to us accepting the work order. Hours on site and any additional charges are payable before the engineer leaves site.
7. All prices quoted are excluding VAT.
8. We will agree with you what work we will carry out. We will then carry it out as soon as possible, depending on when an engineer is available.
9. In order to carry out the work as quickly as possible, we may need to use sub-contractors. All sub-contractors are approved by Arrow Security Shutters limited and are suitably qualified.
10. All parts and there fitting of the parts are chargeable. A quotation will be provided for any additional works or parts required.
11.. There will be an additional charge if any other work is needed for unrelated faults. The charges we quote do not include the following:
- Repairs identified or needed due to design faults at the time of the agreed work being carried out.
- Any improvements which are needed to get your product up to current standards.
- Gaining access to your product (materials and labour) for example Ceilings, signs/sign boards, Lights, cover boxes or ‘built-in’ products.
- Removing any dangerous waste such as asbestos, which could not have been reasonably foreseen when we gave you the original quotation and which we became aware of only when doing the work.
12. We will take reasonable care to carry out the work without causing unnecessary damage to your property, however you accept that the work (including removing or dismantling existing fixtures and fittings) may cause damage and certain areas may need redecoration following completion of the work. if we have had to make access so we could carry out the work, we will not replace the original surface or construction (for example, redecoration), unless the damage has been caused directly by our negligence. If the original surface or construction was damaged as a result of any prior fault, we will not replace the original surface.
13. If we arrive on site and the product is in a condition that it is not safe for us to carry out the works safely, we will down tools and inform you the reason. In some instances, you will be issued with a DO NOT USE health and safety notice and if an electrical product the supply will be isolated. You will still be charged the call out rate for our attendance.
14. We will not carry out the work if:
- • Suitable parts are unavailable.
- • The product is not included on our approved list.
- • The product is not safe to carry out our works.
15. The fast majority of issues (67%) are fixed on our first visit. However, if for any reason we're unable to repair the problem immediately. We'll secure your premises and be back to fix the problem normally within 48 hours. If additional materials are required to secure your premises these will be chargeable.
14. From 8th April 2019 additional charges will apply. ULEZ (Ultra low emission zone) £12.50, CCZ (Congestion charging zone) £15.00 and any parking charges.
15. We guarantee any parts we have supplied and fitted or work we have carried out for a period of twelve months from the date we complete the work. These guarantees do not affect your statutory rights in relation to the quality and description of the materials and services.